Friday, March 6, 2009

10th Day of Lent

Into the wild…




Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
…My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Scriptures taken from:
Psalm 25:4- 5, Isaiah 55:8-10, Isaiah 43:1-3 (New International Version)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus, show my your ways, which are higher than my ways - the ways of your kingdom, that we may live it out here on this earth. Praise you that you call us each by name - that though God of the universe, you are still a loving & personal God, with whom we can enter into intimate relationship. Make the cry of my heart to have you show me your ways - not to work things out according to my way, which is a much more common plea on my part. Help me to remember that you satisfy my desires with good things (Ps 103), not necessarily the things that I think I want or need - but truly good things. May I live in constant awareness of your care for me & with at strengthening desire to live out your kingdom [i.e., to mean it when I pray for you to show me your ways].

GKW1949 said...

There is a Proverb (14:12) that says: There is a way (path) that seams right (wide and pleasant) unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. That would be an avenue laid out by the enemy, the devil.

So if there is a path that "seems" right unto a man that leads to death, would there not also be a path that seems wrong unto a man (flesh) that leads to "Life"?